Thursday, July 17, 2008

Inverness and Loch Ness

I went to Inverness with my aunts several times in the late '60s/early '70s. These are some of my photos

Castle Urquhart, Loch Ness

Loch Ness 1968

Leinster Lodge B&B where we stayed, Inverness, 1968
(It's still in business - I just found it on the Internet!)

Inverness Castle, 1968

Street scene, 1968

Aunt Gwen with Mrs McInnes (the owner of the B&B where we stayed), 1969

The Loch Ness Investigation Centre. 1969
(I remember looking for Nessie but never saw him/her!)

The Inverness Tattoo, 1969
(A very poor photo - I don't know why I didn't take more. Perhaps it rained!)

Another place where we stayed a couple of times.

Mrs Sime, 1972

Aunt Lett in the B&B, 1972

Aunt Gwen, 1972

Aunt Lett in Inverness again in 1973

Here is a page with information about Inverness. It's a great city to visit and I would love to go back again and take better photos!

No comments: